Wednesday 18 March 2015

hashtag...WCW


Hey people! been a min. Last friday was a good day for me...the mark of a new age in my life, very thankful to God.
With this new age, I have realised that one step to happiness is "self love". It isn't rocket science, just like this quote by Mark Twain I stumbled upon today "A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval".

You cannot fully love other people you have in your life if you do not love yourself. I'm not talking about one specific type of love, I am talking love in general. This new found love for yourself makes you realise that chocolate you have everyday isn't good for you, it makes you see the need to exercise, makes you realise you need to pray more, makes you order a salad at McDonalds instead of that regular big mac and fries etc. This now is one step to happiness which will increase life span.
Oh and yes...I am my Woman Crush Wednesday (Its still Wednesday in some parts of the world)
(ps: ignore the bad picture quality)










Now this healthy life style is a very hard path to go...but i'm positive it's worth it. I haven't reached there yet cos I had loads of junk today...but i'm on that path. The gym part will probably be the hardest for me cos i'm very good at procrastinating my gym trips, but by Gods grace i'll make it to the gym one day...and the next, and the next. I will share a few of my favourite self love quotes.

"Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it." - M Scott Peck.

"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life." - Jean Shinoda Bolen.

"Self care is never a selfish act, it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others." - Parker Palmer.

I hope someone else begins their self love journey...today.

                        XO...MM

Let's Connect

2 comments

  1. knock knock #she is married y'll !just saying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Olga...married to you ?
      Still single :p

      Delete

Designed by Eve @MangoBlogShop