Monday 9 November 2015

Hair Matter with Chidimma #teamnatural


Hey guys! It's Monday morning again and I hope it's stress free, remember "Life na jeje". Soo, I'm sure someone here wants to go natural but they're worried about the stress and the whole process basically?  Don't stress, i'm going to be talking to a few naturalista's and they'll be telling us how they take care of their hair to achieve the amazing results they've been able to achieve!
I've been natural for a year and the stress became too much for me that I decided to relax, but this post might actually make me jump back on that team natural bandwagon LOL yes Wendy, i'm thinking of it hehe.  Ok guys, read and enjoy.




Who are you?
I’m Chidinma. I’m a lawyer but currently pursuing other passions.

Why did you decide to go natural?
I’ve never been a fan of relaxers, I always stretched the time between when I got relaxers. In my quest to search for other alternatives to take care of the new growths until my next relaxer, Google introduced me to the beautiful world of natural hair.

 How long have you been natural?
I’ve been natural for one year

Did you transition or big chop?
I transitioned for 11 months before big chopping on the 5th of November 2014

What made you decide to transition instead of big chop? 
 I wanted to research properly on how to take care of natural hair before taking the plunge and also my elder sister was on the same line of thought.

What is your hair regime?
When I’m on protective styles, I oil my scalp at least 3 times a week, I spritz my hair using the content of my spray bottle twice daily and I wash if my scalp is itchy. When my hair is out, I wash & Deep Condition (DC) weekly & moisturise at least 5 times a week.

What products do you use?
The only thing constant in my hair stash are my natural oils and shea butter. With hair products, I use any good one.

How many times do you wash?
Weekly, biweekly or monthly...it all depends on the hairstyle.

What are the cheapest places to get these products?
 The cheapest place in Abuja so far is Invivo at ceddi plaza

 What is the most important product for a naturalista to own?
A leave in conditioner (natural oils & butter)

What’s your take on detangling, is there an easier way to do it?
Oil only detangling works very well with finger detangling, with comb you have to use conditioner with slip.

Do you get headaches while combing?
 No, I don’t.

Are there supplements to take for hair growth, because I’ve heard quite a few naturalistas talk about supplements?
I don’t take any hair supplements.

What’s your advice for someone who wants to go natural but doesn’t want the stress of detangling ?
Wearing stretched styles help keep tangles at a minimum & saturate your hair with conditioner before detangling with comb.

Is there a platform where people can follow your daily hair routine ?

    BBM CHANNEL: C004C0B3B
     BLOG: www.lisasjournal.com

     INSTAGRAM: @absolutelyfrotastic "








Hope this post helped for those of us thinking of going natural! Take the bold step sister. Stick around for more of this naturalista post! Don't forget to stay connected and thanks for stopping by!

                                 XO...MM
Let's Connect

Post a Comment

Designed by Eve @MangoBlogShop